Sunday 16 February 2014

Ghost Maps

The first act that I want mentioned on this blog is Ghost Maps.

Ghost Maps is a project by Jeff Martin, of Dublin instrumental band 'Halfset.' I heard him/them (still a bit unsure?) in session for Today FM a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop listening ever since.

The songs are beautifully articulate, warm and significantly underrated. 'The Morning Echoes' is one of the darker, heavier tracks, but is still light enough to keep you on your toes. My personal favourite, 'Prevails,' is a gentle, instrumental filled with warm orchestration, chiming and light guitars. It's perfect to mould around any mood.

You can buy the beautiful 'Prevails' by clicking HERE, you can also buy the rest of the album, 'The Ocean From The River,' while you're there because, to me, it's pretty perfect. This guy is definitely one to watch this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment